|Costs (UK) Amazon||Book Format = £24:30
Kindle Format = £15:44
Product Description (taken from PACKT)
About This Book
- Discover how to correctly implement View connection, security, and transfer servers
- Understand all the firewall rules and the basics of multi-layered security
- Secure all your connections between client and desktop
Who This Book Is For
This book is a “how-to” for the novice, a “reference guide” for the advanced user, and a “go to” for the experienced user in all the aspects of VMware View desktop virtualization security.
What You Will Learn
- Create, use, and install SSL certificates
- Acquire a new skill set in troubleshooting security issues
- Learn about secure tunnelling your desktop connection with RDP and PCoIP
- Understand the concepts of pairing View security and transfer severs with View connection servers
- Understand the key aspects of blocking undesirable USB devices
It is worth the price?
As a reference point for VMware based VDI security concepts yes, even though this book does not deal with the latest version of the product, it is very through round up of the documentation that you would have to read when designing and implementing a View based VDI deployment and even though it is not based on View 6 but its predecessor View 5.3, it does not distract from its usefulness. it discusses at a reasonable depth the concepts needed to deploy a secure VDI environment.
This is not a cover to cover read, but more of a drop in refresh or learn book.