So today I went to go enter in a new license agreement to our eOpen account and noticed a new website layout. After about 10 minutes of searching the site for where to add in the new agreement I went to google. I couldn’t find much but I did find a small pdf that said changes were made on Dec. 6th with a small amount of information that didn’t help me. It did have the contact phone number for the new VLSC support team so I gave them a call.
After waiting 20 minutes I finally got through to a rep who said there is a global problem for any person trying to trying to add an open agreement or register a new key. According to the rep I spoke with, Microsoft has been slammed with calls regarding this issue and there is no ETA on when the problem will be fixed. There is going to be a maintenance window this weekend where they are going to be working on the site but they haven’t been notified if that is supposed to fix the issue.
What they are offering to do is to schedule a call back when the issue is resolved and provide a walk through on how to add a new agreement on the new site. Also if you don’t have the new media (like was the case for me) they are offering to ship out the media for free. Although I probably didn’t need the media ASAP like some people might have I took them up on the free official media and will wait for them to give me a call back when they fix the issue.
My suggestion to anyone trying to activate a new open agreement is to call – 1-866-230-0560 and be prepared to wait on the line for a long time. It took me about 20 minutes to get to the first license rep and then another 15 minutes to get to the second rep to order the media. Good old Microsoft and their QA strikes again, I find it quite amazing how they released a major website like that and didn’t test adding new agreements…