I currently work as an independant Virtualization and Cloud Architect freelancing in the UK and elsewhere in the world.
I hold the following Certifications and honourifics, VMware VCP VMware vCAP-DCD and VMware vExpert (8 years) VMware vExpert-NSX . I live in Chorley, Lancashire, in the UK and have been working with VMware and related virtualization technologies since 2005.
Further I have also been the technical editor for two virtualization books, and have written chapters for two virtualization based technical books. I had the honour of being awarded vEXPERT status in its inaugural year 2009 and subsequently each year since.
Co-Leader of the Yorkshire VMUG
- 2008 VMworld (Ask the Experts Panel)
- 2009 VMworld Europe (Ask the Experts Panel)
- 2009 VMworld (Ask the Experts Panel)
- 2009 Virtualization Live
- Regular at the London and Northern VMUG’s
- BrightTalk January 2014
- Blog: http://PlanetVM.NET
- Analyst: http://www.virtualizationpractice.com
- Contributing Author: VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing the Virtual Environment
- Contributing Author: VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
- Tech Editor: VMware vSphere 4 Administration Instant Reference
If you need to reach out to me, I can be found in the following places:
VMware vExpert 2009-15. VMware VCP5, VMware VCP4, VMware VCP3, VMware vCAP-DCD5, Citrix CCEA, Microsoft MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003
Disclosures / Sponsored by…
All opinions stated herein are my own personal opinions, and as such, they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions my Employer, of any Client I am currently engaged with or any previous or future employer or Client.
Further, I do not have any pretensions of being a journalist of any sort, and do not pretend to be unbiased either, I do have my favourites, but when I write about a technology I will attempt to be fair. With that said, I am also not trying to be underhand either. I have also been known to review books that are sent along by publishers for review or I have purchased my self. These reviews themselves are honest, and come from having actually read the book.